Changes in ownership or owner status for land and mineral rights require updated title records. Owners should ensure they have the appropriate documentation, which is outlined in the table below for each type of change. Note, requirements may vary depending on the jurisdiction.
IN ADDRESSING ANY OWNERSHIP CHANGE SITUATION, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- All payees are required to evidence a valid Social Security or tax identification number by IRS Form W-9, or federal law requires 24% of payment to be withheld in accordance with Section 3406 of the Internal Revenue Service, which will not be refundable by TEP Barnett. If you need additional guidance on how to fill out a W-9 form, please refer to the IRS website at www.irs.gov/w9. W-9 forms can be found here on our website.
- All documents related to a change of ownership must be filed of record in the county/parish where the property is located.
- Laws of agency preclude us from providing forms for conveying real property interests. However, you may contact an attorney, Legal Aid Society or your local Bar Association for assistance in handling these matters.
- Address changes cannot be handled by telephone. If a change of address is needed, complete and submit the TEP Barnett Change of Address form, which can be found here on our website.
- If an Affidavit of Heirship is needed per the requirements listed below, contact our Owner Relations department at 800-220-1175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the form and instructions. Our Owner Relations team will respond as quickly as possible.
- All payments will continue to be made to the current owner until proper documentation is received.
- Please add the Owner Number(s) on all correspondence sent to TEP Barnett. This is the number shown on the cover letter sent to you.
- Original documents will not be returned: please send a COPY (or copies) of the documents requested.
SUBMIT THE APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTATION BY MAIL OR EMAIL TO:
PO Box 17209
Fort Worth, TX